Monday, October 3, 2011

"Small" victories in David 2.0

Today marks 7 weeks since I launched David 2.0, my personal and professional transformation project. I am well on my way towards my goals. As of this morning I have lost 17.4 pounds. This has translated into me dropping a shirt size, getting close to running out of holes in my belts, and an overall increase in energy. This past Friday I finally introduced a key component - exercise. Blew the dust off of the treadmill in my office and started walking. Boy did that feel great!

Another small victory is that for the first weekend my weigh in this morning was the same as it was on Thursday. Usually on Monday's I weigh in 1-2 pounds more than I did on Thursday/Friday. This puts me behind for a couple of days while I work that off.

Three things occurred this weekend. I walked 45 minutes each night, made "better" food choices, and did a better job of drinking. Water that is! To come out even this morning was huge. Saturday night my wife and I enjoyed the company of some good friends and had dinner at McCormick and Schmick's followed by drinks at The Local. Now my wife and I did share an entree, I did skipped the calamari - hard to do, and did enjoy a glass of wine and a fabulous upside down apple pie with ice cream (shared as well). This was followed at our next stop with a couple of high calorie, high carb beers. All enjoyable - friends, food, and drinks. Part of what helped was making wise choices through out the day on Saturday, knowing that I was going out that night, and making fairly wise choices at the restaurant. The shared entree was a perfect portion, supplemented by a salad.

Overall a great weekend that showed me you can enjoy when doing it smartly, making wise choices, and planning for the bump in intake through out the day.

Small victory on the path to an overall new David 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment