Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 12: Major milestone - more flour

Why is this man smiling? Because today marks 12 weeks on Project David 2.0, and as of today I have lost 30.8 pounds. That means two things. First, it's time for another bag of flour. Second, I am officially at the half way mark of my original goal of 61.6 pounds. That goal will be increasing.

Holding those 3 bags of flour I continue to be amazed at how big those 30 pounds are. I can set those down, but 12 weeks ago, it was part of me. I can't even being to imagine what another 30 or 50 pounds is going to look like.

What have been the keys so far? Diet, exercise, and water. I continue to use the myfitnesspal app and web site to track everything (almost) that I eat and record my exercise. I continue to make smart food choices, and continue to avoid things like soda or Halloween candy. As for exercise, on September 30th I started walking on the treadmill. Averaging 50 minutes and close to 3 miles a night. I have walked 116.12 miles since I started. I did not set a goal for walking during this project, but maybe I will. We'll see. The other key is water. My daily is 12-16 8oz glasses of water. I've found it is much easier to get all of my water in during the week. I take two 32 oz water bottles to work each morning and they are both easily gone by the middle of the afternoon. Drinking another one in the evening is no problem. On the weekends for whatever reason, I struggle to get all of my water in.

In the next couple of weeks (before Thanksgiving) I am going to go in and have my A1C tested to see if this loss has made a difference yet. I have to believe it will.

The challenges will be coming over the next several weeks - Thanksgiving and Christmas. Around here, like for most of you, it is a feeding frenzy. It's going to take a lot of will power to manage my portions. I love the foods that my family prepares for these holidays. But I am also loving how the first 30 pounds gone feels!




No comments:

Post a Comment