Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up?

As I stated in my first post, my transformation consists of two components - personal and professional. Ok, so what does that mean? One thing it means is that I turned 47 this year and realize 50 is not that far away. But what else does it mean? There must be more. There is. I've spent a great deal of time over the last year in personal reflection and this is what has led me to this transformation plan.

Personal Transformation
In a nutshell it means that on the personal side I have made a commitment to improving my health which includes weight loss and a goal to reduce my dependency on my diabetes medication through dietary changes and exercise. I have a target weigh loss goal, but want to provide a little background before I disclose my goal. I believe this will have a great impact on other areas of my life.

Professional Transformation
On the professional side it means that I am going to answer the question - what do you want to be when you grow up? I've been successful as a Technical Program/Project manager for several years. The last 8 years as a consultant. Something's been missing though. I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I have some ideas as to what that is. And I have some ideas on what it will take to answer this question and I am ready to implement those ideas.

David 2.0
And with that we have the building blocks of David 2.0. Reaching the goals in each of these transformations will be very rewarding and life changing, but I believe that the two are interdependent and that success in either one will drive the success in the other.



2 comments:

  1. I love the breakout of personal and professional goals. I do something very similar, but actually spread them out even thinner into some major areas of focus. This is a time of renewal for me, so I have given goals a lot of focus as well recently, which I will be sharing on my blog too. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. This was my 30,000 foot view, mainly to offer an overview. The next few entries will get into more details within each stream, share the why, what my defined goals are, and how I plan to reach them.

    Look forward to seeing your next round of goals.

    ReplyDelete