Sunday, September 11, 2011

What's with the 10 pound bag of flour?


A bag of flour you ask? Yes it is. A 10 pound bag. This represents the 10 pounds of weight that I have lost since August 14th, the start of my physical transformation. Actually at 10.8 pounds as of this morning. To help me visualize the progress towards my goal, I decided that I would purchase a bag of flour every time I hit another 10 pound increment. The bags of flour will be stacked on my home office desk, which is also the room where my treadmill is located, to give me a constant visual reminder of my progress.

It really hit me as I was carrying the bag with the flour in it out of the store and across the parking lot. While it might only be 10 pounds, it was noticeable as I was carrying the flour. Then it hit me, I was constantly carrying this 10 pounds a month ago. I can't imagine what a few more bags will feel like. But I can't wait to find out!!


3 comments:

  1. NICE! Way to go! And what a cool way to visualize your progress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Getting rib of extra weight is always good. And the progress, like the flour bag. is BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It's a great reminder sitting here on my desk.

    ReplyDelete